Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Umbral Goat Island - 3/24

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
STBrian

Umbral Goat Island - 3/24 Empty
PostSubject: Umbral Goat Island - 3/24   Umbral Goat Island - 3/24 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 am

As the sun rises, the Maid of the Mists, barefoot and clad in deer skins walks the length and breadth of Goat Island.  All around her, the land is still frozen and dead in the sleep of winter.

For the fourth day in a row, the eclipsed sun gleams as a ring of fire in the sky.

With her every step, flowers bloom and vines twist around her feet, but as she moves forward, the foliage fades and returns to the earth.

She sighs, and folds her legs beneath her, sitting upon the sleeping earth. Quietly, she begins to sing/chat in the language of her people. The song is pained, the melody is in a minor key of death and longing... but as she sings, she smiles, and tears of joy roll down her fair cheeks.

A very loose translation wrote:
" It is spring, and yet the plant-spirits still sleep beneath the earth.

Before me, there was the Thunder, who brought down the rocks upon the face of the world, trapping the kin of long vanished Genonsgwa beneath the earth, but who now alive remembers such a marvel?

It is spring, and yet the bear and fox still slumber in their dens. When I am gone, who will speak for the land and the trees and the things that crawl along the earth?  Who will mourn lost Turtle on whose back we sit?

It is spring, and yet the sun lies dead and cold.   Let it be that life will begin again.  Let me sprinkle the sacred tobacco and sing the songs of life. Let me sing until my breath is stilled."

Back to top Go down
Speaks with Gaia's Voice

Speaks with Gaia's Voice

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Children if Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Umbral Goat Island - 3/24   Umbral Goat Island - 3/24 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Snow follows behind with a look of deep focus each time. She is careful to make sure she stays out of the way and the respectful distance away. Even though she might not understand the words she to cries. (Umm I'm trying to remember every detail is that a test or?? Also can ancestors help me understand her?)
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: Umbral Goat Island - 3/24   Umbral Goat Island - 3/24 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Walker attends the reborn Maid, gravely, keeping a respectful distance. From time to time, he glances up at the Umbral corona, and his expression is unreadable.
Back to top Go down
Dietrich Von Stauffel

Dietrich Von Stauffel

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Get of Fenris

PostSubject: Re: Umbral Goat Island - 3/24   Umbral Goat Island - 3/24 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 5:55 pm

*Dietrich has been studying the Sky and will watch silently from a distance he will meet walkers eyes there are tears in his*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbral Goat Island - 3/24   Umbral Goat Island - 3/24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbral Goat Island - 3/24
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling waters 2.0 :: Locations :: Arbitrary-
Jump to: