Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
STBen

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Uktena

Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 pm

The Maid is gone.

The Maid is gone, but the waters remain--awesome, endless, the liquid voice of thunder.

As the endless twilight of June is falling across the cataract, the crowds of onlookers diminish somewhat--though, of course, there are always those who come to gaze upon the waters, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Jayson like many, takes time to appreciate natural beauty. The ever present sound of crashing water a different song of the elements compared to the winds of his home. He smiles as he listens for minutes. A convenient method to pass a little bit of time as he waits for a good moment to call out to the spirits and seek their guidance.

As the time seems right he will wander generally until he finds the best spot to disappear from any prying eyes, and carefully step across the gauntlet. Ready for anything, but knowing that anything could happen.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 11:44 am

The Umbra here is...odd. Very empty. In a way, it feels like a forest after a brushfire.

Still, just like life finds its way back into the region after a brushfire, spirits seem to be making their way back into this region. Here and there, one can see a squirrel-spirit, and...oh, look: there's a raven-spirit, sitting on a tree branch and regarding Jayson with close scrutiny.
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Jayson smiles and gives the raven a nod. "Good evening friend." Jayson says resectfully, as he looks around survrying the landscape, he sniffs the air slightly, "It is very quiet here, what all has gone on?"
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:53 pm

<< Much has gone on here. The coming of a dragon; the sacrifice of a caern to defeat it. >>

Beat.

<< But if you mean in the last couple of months, it's been pretty quiet. The wolves of Falling Waters have gone looking for a new home. Now, what brings someone who smells of trail dust, old leather, and pumas to this place, I wonder? >>
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Jayson nods in acknowledhement to the question. "You are correct, I have travelled a good distance from the path I would normally travel. My reasons to do so are two fold. Many ages ago, my tribe was near extinction, Bon Bhat known as Old Stone Face made a pact with the Elements so that those of pure and good heart might also be able to become his tribe. His works with the elements are Legendary, and so on my journey, I seek to honor his wisdom, and create a fetish for my use in his honor. Currently I seek an elemental of a hot spring, an elemental of balance between Fire and Water, to join with the spirit of an elemental of a dust devil, an elemental of balance between Earth and Air. Together these spirits would accompany me while I take on the tasks I must and those I choose. It is my hope that together we can bring back the stars, and gather interesting knowledge along the way." Jayson smiles, perhaps a little more honest than he out right should have been, but that had always been his way.
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 8:20 pm

Jayson nods in acknowledhement to the question. "You are correct, I have travelled a good distance from the path I would normally travel. My reasons to do so are two fold. Many ages ago, my tribe was near extinction, Bon Bhat known as Old Stone Face made a pact with the Elements so that those of pure and good heart might also be able to become his tribe. His works with the elements are Legendary, and so on my journey, I seek to honor his wisdom, and create a fetish for my use in his honor. Currently I seek an elemental of a hot spring, an elemental of balance between Fire and Water, to join with the spirit of an elemental of a dust devil, an elemental of balance between Earth and Air. Together these spirits would accompany me while I take on the tasks I must and those I choose. It is my hope that together we can bring back the stars, and gather interesting knowledge along the way." Jayson smiles, perhaps a little more honest than he out right should have been, but that had always been his way.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 11:35 pm

The raven...or is it a crow?...fixes Jayson with a beady eye.

<< Your people know the Thunder. This is his home--one of them, at any rate. Perhaps you should hear what he has to say. >>
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Jayson inclines his head slightly out of respect, "Thank you friend, I shall certainly do so." He waits a few moments studying the landscape before he begins to walk towards Thunder, preparing to tell his story again.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:58 pm

As Jayson draws nearer to the Falls, the sound of the roaring water becomes more distinct...and to take on meaning. It is not just the sound of running water; it is a hymn. A mournful hymn, one which laments that which is gone and will not return.

The raven follows. << The waters have seen many things. All the little lives of men, their triumphs and terrors, their victories and failures. The Neutral Nation once knew these lands; now, they are gone, barely remembered even by the Keepers of the Western Door. >> There is sorrow in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Jayson nods, thinking of the sept near his home. "It often seems the too many forget what was lost as they move forward into the future. That is one of the reasons I wish to make this journey." Jayson continue to travel forward, but keeps his eyes open listening to the song. As he comes closer he will add to it his own song of mourning, the loss of his sister, her two children, and her husband. A part of his family taken away when the Wyrm attacked everywhere. The most peaceful souls taken from the world. But with the howl of sadness, there is also a beat of hope, and of triumph. For while there were losses, in the end, he found more family within the nation. Garou who fought to protect his land, that came to his aid when he had no one to truly expect to count on but himself. Through the loss, there became a tighter bond... and faith... faith that even though one would never truly replace the other, that it could and would become better that what it was with just loss.

While no Galliard himself, Jayson's voice is that which could uplift even the darkest emotions and relieve some of the burdens felt. Sometimes it is good even for spirits to know that others empathize with their pain, even if they could not understand it fully.

(If there is time, he will also howl of the loss of Turtle and the Croatan tribe. Jayson has picked up a few odd habits from the garou, but it also tells of his journey. Having relived the death of the Croatan and their self-sacrifice with such a great purpose echoes some of the pain that the spirit is likely feeling.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 12:22 am

<< Many of those who walked my path have fallen here. >> The voice is deeper now, more resonant, rolling across the sky. << Yet not all. What you seek can be found here, but there will be danger. I will guide you...for you, too, know the Thunder. >>
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 2:36 am

Jayson bows with respect, "I thank you Thunder for your assistance." The Bastet keeps a watchful eye as he follows, he is more interested in learning everything he can, but also because he was warned of danger.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:19 pm

((OOC: Apologies for the delay on this--finals week. I should have time to post in some detail tomorrow evening.))
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:58 am

No problem! Feel free to be as liberal as you want with storytelling if you want to accelerate this. Or if you are enjoying this all, please feel free to continue at that pace. I am having a blast. (And just buying other stuff in the interim. So far I haven't but can later.)
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 6:30 pm

The bird...no longer merely a raven...speaks. << There is a place where the fire meets the water...the Eternal Flame. I will guide you, but the decisions will be yours. >>
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 12:23 pm

((OOC: I apologize for the slow pace of this. We're going to fast forward a bit, if that's okay with you--I don't want you to be stuck in this forever. If you're willing, I'll narrate it up to the point where there's risk to you, and your decisions will be critical.))
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 8:54 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 3:32 pm

The spirit leads you on a journey through the Umbrascape of Western New York.  Eventually, you come to a place with the odd balance of Wyld and Weaver common to many parks.  As you move deeper into the Umbral park, the Wyld holds more sway...until, at last, you come to a place beside a small waterfall.  Water dances over the rocks, but small flames also appear here and there.  In a sheltered grotto, a brighter flame dances.

<< The Eternal Flame >> says your guide.  << The balance you seek between opposing elements is here...but service will be required. >>

Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Jayson smiles, "Thank you kind spirit for guiding me in these unfamiliar lands, should you and yours ever require safe shelter in Kansas, know that you will be welcome at my glen." Jayson then offers the spirit a gnosis as well at this point, "The wind in my area loves to have other soar upon them. May this sustain you on your travels back, unless you choose to wait for me and guide me back."

Jayson will then look to find The Eternal Flame, but will alsp take the time to enjoy the scenery here as well, if there are plants that need tending to, he will do so, as well as greet the local glade children. Once he finds the spirit he is looking for he will bow humbly, and wait a couple minutes to be acknowledged, then request an audience if it is willing.

(Spirit Affinity 4 with a spec in Glade Children if it matters.)
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Jayson smiles, "Thank you kind spirit for guiding me in these unfamiliar lands, should you and yours ever require safe shelter in Kansas, know that you will be welcome at my glen." Jayson then offers the spirit a gnosis as well at this point, "The wind in my area loves to have other soar upon them. May this sustain you on your travels back, unless you choose to wait for me and guide me back."

Jayson will then look to find The Eternal Flame, but will alsp take the time to enjoy the scenery here as well, if there are plants that need tending to, he will do so, as well as greet the local glade children. Once he finds the spirit he is looking for he will bow humbly, and wait a couple minutes to be acknowledged, then request an audience if it is willing.

(Spirit Affinity 4 with a spec in Glade Children if it matters.)
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:42 pm

As you draw closer, you realize: the Eternal Flame IS a spirit...and the glade children show deference to it. A spirit of fire, yes, but also a spirit of balance, of harmony.

<< Greetings, wanderer. You come in good company. >> It's hard to tell if the voice is more like the crackling of fire, or the rushing of water...or perhaps, both at once. << What is it you seek? >>
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:13 am

Jayson smiles to himself, a faint chuckle in an exhale as he considers the question. "There are a great number of things that I seek. I seek to rejoin the stars to the sky; I seek to cleanse the dark lands of Luna should I find that taint is still there, I seek the answers to secrets so far gone that the winds do not remember them, and others that have yet to be discovered. I also seek to become a spirit speaker like Old Stone Face of my tribe. However, to begin these journeys I also must look for assistance. Today I seek the alliance of elements balanced of fire and water, that I might join them with air and earth in tribute to Old Stone Face, and so that I might listen to their wisdom as I travel to set the world back in balance. For this I seek the aid and service of this balance in the form of a fetish, made by my own hands." Jayson will produce the Crafts 5 Amethyst Stone, and the Crafts 5 golden wire-wrap cage for the spirit to see and inspect. "I know that this is not an agreement to barter into lightly; and would ask what I might do that could gain your favor in this endeavor, this is your domain, you would know best what would strengthen this wonderful place."
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 12:03 pm

The flame glows a little brighter.

<< I can aid you in this, >> it says, << And you, in turn, can aid me. The water which cascades down here should be pure...but it has grown tainted. Poisoned. I am bound to this place, so I do not know what has caused this. Find the source. Cleanse the waters. Restore the balance, and I will aid you in your task. >>
Back to top Go down
Dreigus

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Jayson's smile is fairly confident. Cleansing the water honestly felt like the easy part, and when something seems that easy... there is often trouble to trip you up. Jayson nods to the spirit, "I will do my best to aid you." He says, and thoughtfully begins to follow through with *Sense Magic* to try to determine if the pollutants are magical in some way, and will do his best to follow the trail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival   Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival Empty

Back to top Go down

Niagara Falls, evening, 6/6: Arrival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next