Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howl of Introduction 1/8/15

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 Empty
PostSubject: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 1:52 pm

A howl of introduction echoes across the umbral bawn. The voice is a youthful mezzo-soprano.

I am Raena Kasun of the Shadow Lords, known as Breeze. I was born on two legs under the singer's moon and walk as a Cliath of the Nation.

Last edited by Raena Kasun on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : two legs, not four!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 pm

Steelheart cocks his head to one side as he wipes away a chalk circle on the ground before him.

"Wait...Kasun?" he asks himself aloud as he walks through the Umbral bawn toward the source of the howl.
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 4:25 am

A teenager, short for age, is standing outside gazing intently at the umbral falls with curiosity. Her hands are shoved in her jacket pocket as she waits for others to show up. The girl isn't paying much mind to the rest of her surroundings at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Steelheart is a young man of Italian descent in his mid-twenties of average height, brown hair and eyes, a full beard, a slim swimmer's build, and no visible scars. He's wearing a black dress shirt with slim blue vertical stripes, and black and blue pinstripe suit. A steel briefcase is at his side as he approaches the new arrival.

With a quirked eyebrow, he asks, "Raena? I heard you were coming into town, but I didn't know to expect you in this world as well."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Steelheart beckons to a small wind spirit nearby and sends it off to fetch the attention of the warder and the guardian pack, for the new arrival's official recognition and clearance.

OOC:
Since I'll be playing in a Nightmaster game later today, this is as much as I can post on this thread for the time being. I'll continue Steelheart's interactions with this at the end of the month once we're released back into non-Nightmaster play.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:37 pm

((OOC: Apologies for the delay on this, folks. It's been a busy week.))

Jenny Smoke and Aaron Cross-the-River appear to be the welcoming committee today; they emerge from the shadows to impassively consider the new arrival.

"Welcome to Falling Waters.  Your business here?" inquires Smoke.

((OOC: Cross-the-River will be using Sense Wyrm, Scent of True Form, and Sense Truth. ))
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:02 pm

((OOC: Yeah it's been a crazy couple weeks. And this probably wasn't the best time with the proxy going on. :/ ))

Raena smiles brilliantly at Vinny, "I take it they didn't send a full dossier?" She opens her arms wide, eyes sparkling mischievously, "Surprise, then! It's a newer development."

When the others show up, the short girl gives them her full attention, "Thanks! I'm here to visit family, maybe settle down if I like it."

((no wyrm, she's what she claims tobe and is telling the truth))
Back to top Go down
Quills

Quills

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Black Furies

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:17 pm

A visibly pregnant woman melts out of the leafless foliage and wordlessly cocks her head to the side, an eyebrow quirking as she looks between Vinny and Raena with an interested half-smile.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:49 pm

"Do you support the Nation and uphold the Litany?" This has the sense of a ritual question; assuming that the answer is affirmative and truthful, the Warders respond with "Enter and be welcome. Quills, Steelheart, can you show her the way in?"
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:55 pm

"I do!" She responds exuberantly, and truthfully. "Thanks for the warm welcome." She turns back to Vinny and the newcomer, grinning like she's just been given a gold star.
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:15 pm

((Post-proxy bump?))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Steelheart chuckles in response to her question and says, "I had thought it was fairly complete, or at least as much as I could expect from your father, but this bit is a surprise. Well, it will make things that much easier to explain going forward."

"Good to see you, cousin," he says with a smile, and slaps her on the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 1:38 pm

The snickers slightly at the comment about her father, "Sounds like him. I think he believes life is some sort of pop quiz or something." Raena makes a wry face. "That, or he likes to imagine the look of surprise on everyone's face when they fill in the blanks on those things. Anyway, I'm super excited that everything worked out like this. I think the Kasun clan was concerned that I'd remain kin forever."

She beams at him, wobbling only slightly at the affectionate smack. "It's great to see you too! I'm glad there's a friendly face 'round here. And I'm sure you know all the fun places in town." The young galliard looks at the visibly pregnant woman. "Is she your friend?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Steelheart nods, and then gestures toward his companion.

"Raena, allow me to introduce Artemis Kokkinos, known to the Nation as Quills. Adren Ragabash of the Black Furies, and my pack alpha.

"Artie, this is Raena Kasun. You likely caught the rest from her howl, and she's also family."

He chuckles and remarks to his alpha, "Try not to hold it against her."
Back to top Go down
Quills

Quills

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Black Furies

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:36 am

"Hi." Artie says, genially. "So is she family or is she..." she makes a pointy-finger gun. "Family. She doesn't look Italian, but what the hell do I know?"
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Raena can't help but laugh more at Artie's method of differentiating between types of 'family'. "Nice to meetcha, Quills-rhya. For the record, I'm half-Italian on my mother's side. Just apparently not the side that shows well." She makes a wry face like that. "I apparently have her eyes or something, and something about an ability to actually tan."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Steelheart chuckles as well.

"She's my cousin, Artie, of some degree that I think only my grandmother takes the time to fully map out."
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Raena tilts her head, contemplating that. "You know, no one ever actually explained how we were related. Just that we're cousins" She laughs at that realization, "Then again, most people don't have time to track 2nd, 3rd, or 9th cousins."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Steelheart nods and then asks, "Now that you're cleared, are you ready to head in? From this side, it's a jump over the falls, having faith that the Maid will accept all those who are pure of spirit and take them into our home."
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Raena seems excited by the prospect, "Seriously? I can't wait to jump over the falls!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Vinny smiles and says, "Yep, follow me."

And with that he jumps over the falls.

OOC:
We may want to smooth over the rest of this, given the dramatic changes from last night. I think we can safely assume the rest of her arrival goes fairly well.
Back to top Go down
Raena Kasun

Raena Kasun

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 5:06 pm

With a gleeful whoop she jumps after him, laughing all the way down.

OOC: Good idea. I'm considering starting a new thread for her return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howl of Introduction 1/8/15   Howl of Introduction 1/8/15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Howl of Introduction 1/8/15
Page 1 of 1