Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Howl of Introduction

Go down 
+4
STBen
Mitch Johnson
Miguel Castillo
Giovanna Martell
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam King

A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:10 pm

(Talking this through with the player. Brawl canceled with Dodge. Overbid fails. Surprise Retest.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:10 pm

The member 'Adam King' has done the following action : RPS

'RPS' :
A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 Scissors_small
Back to top Go down
https://fwlarp.rpg-board.net
Giovanna Martell

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Tribe: Silver Fangs

Chop
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Tribe: Uktena

The member 'Giovanna Martell' has done the following action : RPS

'RPS' :
A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 Scissors_small
Back to top Go down
https://fwlarp.rpg-board.net
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 pm

Whoosh. The Cliath falls over the edge of the Falls.
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Adam jumps right after her with a "Geronimo!".
Back to top Go down
Giovanna Martell

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Giovanna screams as she is thrown over the edge of the Falls...

Only to appear in the Hall of Assembly, chest heaving from fear and anger. Dark eyes search for Adam King, a snarl on her lips. Her hands fly rapidly, some of the gestures very obviously rude.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet
Auspice: Philodox

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:19 pm

*And in front of her is Miguel, who catches her elbow as she enters abruptly, apparently having waited for her.*

My apologies, sister. I would have spared you the dramatic entrance if I could have.

*eyes narrow briefly and then his placid expression returns* I had a similar introduction not long ago, and understand perfectly how you feel.

*in his other hand he gestures with glass.* Wine?
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Adam lands smartly next to her with a giant grin.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Martell, but it's sort of a right of passage around here. The maid judges all who fall over the falls and brings those who are pure of heart into the hall."
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:26 pm

*Cocks his head to the side at the reasoning...*

One does wonder though... is this wisdom's course?
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:27 pm

"Teaching through pranks, humor, and riddle is the way of Chimera." Is Adam's only response.
Back to top Go down
Giovanna Martell

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:28 pm

Giovanna nods gratefully to Miguel and takes the glass offered. Not at all seeing Adam's lips.

"Thank you. I'm glad to see at least someone has class."
Back to top Go down
Mitch Johnson

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:03 pm

"Sip of something a bit stronger?" Mitch shakes himself and sips from a flask. "Class is a bit overrated around here. Not that we don't HAVE it, just that we all have varying degrees." He pauses. "Fair warning, this is a LOT stronger, and harsher, than the wine. But, hospitality!"
Back to top Go down
Giovanna Martell

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Giovanna doesn't realize that Mitch is talking until partway through his statement.

"I am fine. I prefer wine to most alcohol."
Back to top Go down
Quills

Quills

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Black Furies

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:10 pm

"Go ahead, take my job. I don't want it." And there's Artemis, entering on cue as if summoned by Adam's attempt at humor. "See, there's the difference between a Chimera-pack and a real expert pranking machine. I was up on a branch of that huge maple whose lower boughs hang over the river, right? I was all ready to jump in and make like Ophelia until this here newbie freaked out. Then, a couple of days later, after you'd shown her the wuss entrance , I'd come walking around like nothing ever happened. We'd laugh, have a pint, explain things and then we'd all go for a leap to cement the lesson. Maybe it would look like an old Juicy Fruit commercial. That'd be fun."

She demonstrates, jumping up in the air merrily, kicking her legs out to the right and pumping her fists in the air with a great cheesy smile.

"Or, you know, you could traumatize her and amuse yourself. Whatever works."
Back to top Go down
Mitch Johnson

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Mitch grins, making a point of facing Giovanna. "I'm in the habit of treating everyone the same, regardless of disability. I figure you'll let me know if it's a problem."
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Adam smiles sheepishly at Artie.

"I'm sorry. You can traumatize the next one."
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 pm

*shrugs genteelly* It simply strikes me as... Unnecessary. Pushing people off a precipice and hoping that when they land they aren't infuriated? fearful? In frenzy? First impressions are impossible to get a second shot at and difficult to overcome. Should the first impression people receive of the caern be one of fear or anger? Should the first impression that the caern gets of a newcomer be of them in frenzy, fox or otherwise?

*looks around* I was brought to the edge and surrounded. I almost felt forced to defend myself with blade and claw. The jump was explained and I calmly went over of my own accord.... but had someone attempted to shove me, someone could have been harmed. I am no ahroun, but I am a fair hand with a blade. What if I harmed one that should be as a brother or sister to me? Drove them to frenzy? Killed them? Died myself?

*grins ruefully* I am all for a bit of good fun.... * smile fades* but I guess I don't see what stands to be gained that outweighs those risks. Maybe someone could explain that to me?
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Adam shrugs.

"The truth is that most of us do it simply because it was done to us. It's a self perpetuating cycle. You might be right in saying a new option should be discussed."
Back to top Go down
Mitch Johnson

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 pm

"No, the truth is that some of us enjoy inflicting the same minor cruelties on others. I and the rest of my pack just jumped, 'cause it looked like fun."
Back to top Go down
Giovanna Martell

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:37 pm

"I would have been happy to jump. I do, however, take offense to being needlessly manhandled." She sniffs gently, sipping her wine.
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:50 pm

"I said I was sorry." Says the Galliard, his face close to Giovanna's so she can't miss the words. "It's a right of passage. Your tribemate here was only spared the shove because he noticed the trap before it was sprung. You have now experienced that which every other member of the Sept has experienced, and rather than seeking reason to be offended, you would be better served embracing this bonding opportunity. I'm sorry to have surprised you, and I hope you can find it in me to forgive me."
Back to top Go down
Giovanna Martell

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:02 pm

"You are a Galliard,"  Giovanna retorts, leaning back to reinstate some personal space.  "Would it not have been more suiting to attempt to fool me with your words? Leave the tricks for the Ragabash, Master of the Howl. But I suppose I can forgive you, Adam-rhya."

Last edited by Giovanna Martell on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mitch Johnson

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:03 pm

"Adam gets confused about auspices on occasion."
Back to top Go down
STBrian

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:03 pm

(Fwiw because Murphy's Law or something, yet another howl goes off at this point, see other thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Howl of Introduction   A Howl of Introduction - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Howl of Introduction
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next